California Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Not all car accident victims are riding in a motor vehicle at the time of the crash. If you’re the victim of a pedestrian accident, you may deserve financial compensation for your bills and lost income. You may also qualify for pain and suffering. The pedestrian accident lawyers at LA Century Law are here to help you claim financial compensation if you’re hurt while on foot.
Pedestrian accidents cause billions of dollars in damage annually. Our lawyers for pedestrian accidents offer full-service representation from start to finish until you have the compensation that you deserve. Contact the LA Century Law firm today for a free case evaluation.
Lawyers for Pedestrian Accidents in California
If you have been hit by a motor vehicle, our lawyers for pedestrian accidents in California can take you through the claims process. Let us value your case, submit the necessary claims, and negotiate the appropriate settlement. We can also take your claim to court to demand fair compensation for your injuries and suffering.
About LA Century Law
- Our founder and President, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq. is a trial lawyer and former clerk of the Los Angeles Superior Court. Whether you pursue a settlement or take your case to trial, Ryan Daneshrad is experienced and equipped to meet your needs
- Millions won in compensation for our clients
- Selected as a Super Lawyers “Southern California Rising Star” – an honor given to only 2.5% of California attorneys
- Experience in the courtroom with numerous bench and jury trials
- Named a fastest-growing law firm by Law Firm 500
- Complimentary consultations with our attorneys
- A 99% success rate for our clients over a wide range of civil litigation, including accidents
- Commitment to aggressive representation for our clients
Our mission is for our clients to receive compensation for their injuries, damages, and harms. If you’ve been hurt, we invite you to talk with our team about what your case may be worth and how we can represent your rights and legal interests.
California Pedestrian Accident Compensation
Can I claim compensation for a pedestrian accident in California?
Yes, compensation for a pedestrian accident is available in California. If a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle because of driver negligence, they may claim damages for their financial losses, pain and suffering, and more. Traffic laws protect pedestrians and give them a legal right to compensation when they’re hurt because of the actions of someone else.
What compensation can I receive for a pedestrian accident?
You may receive the following compensation for a pedestrian accident:
- Medical bills – emergency and long-term healthcare bills, costs of evaluations and procedures, prescription costs, mobility devices
- Lost wages – short term and long term career impact
- Cost of travel to medical appointments
- Nursing care, home care if needed
- Mental health care, PTSD, anxiety, flashbacks, and other mental injuries
- Pain associated with the accident
- Emotional anguish
- Disfigurement and disability, limitations in lifestyle
- Property damage – for personal items that may have been damaged
How do I claim compensation for a pedestrian accident?
You may receive compensation for a pedestrian accident by going through insurance. The responsible party may satisfy damages through their insurance policy. In addition, you may bring a legal claim for fair compensation. The victim has the right to have legal representation.
Can I sue if I’m hit in a crosswalk in California?
You can sue if you’re hit in a crosswalk in California. California Vehicle Code 21950 requires vehicles to yield to persons on foot in a crosswalk. If you were following traffic signals and didn’t dart in front of traffic, you can sue if you’re hit in a crosswalk in California.
Can I sue someone for running over my foot?
Yes, you can sue someone for running over your foot. They must be at fault for the accident by failing to yield the right of way or by failing to use sufficient care to know that you were near the vehicle.
Pedestrian Accident Laws
Who is a pedestrian under California law?
California law 467 defines a pedestrian as a person on foot or a device that uses human power. The definition also includes persons using electronic personal assistive mobility devices, self-propelled wheelchairs, motorized tricycles, quadricycles, and other disability mobility assistive devices.
Does the pedestrian always have the right of way in California?
Pedestrians usually have the right of way, but they may not dart in front of traffic. They must follow the rules of the road. Drivers and pedestrians alike should be aware of their surroundings and prepared to take evasive action, but pedestrians generally have the right of way in marked and unmarked intersections.
What is pedestrian negligence?
Pedestrians have a duty of care just like motor vehicle drivers do. Pedestrian negligence is any way that a pedestrian doesn’t use care that a reasonable person would use under the same circumstances. A determination of pedestrian negligence is specific to the situation based on all the relevant information. Even if a pedestrian is at fault to some degree, comparative negligence rules may still allow them to claim compensation.
What is a pedestrian accident lawsuit?
A pedestrian accident lawsuit is a formal claim for financial compensation when you’re hurt by a motor vehicle driver. You demonstrate who is at fault for the accident based on standards of negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct. You show how the accident resulted in your injuries and what compensation you deserve. When you prove your case, the defendant must pay compensation. You have the right to representation from a lawyer for pedestrian accidents.
What is my case worth as a pedestrian hit by a car?
The value of a case is the sum of financial losses, the severity of pain and suffering, the time it takes to heal, the clarity of legal fault, and whether the victim has any shared fault. There’s no formula to calculate the exact value of a case – it depends on several factors. Of course, no matter what your case is worth, you must pursue and build a claim to receive the compensation that you deserve.
There are things that you can do to maximize your compensation. Contact our law firm for a personalized review of the value of your case.
Taking New Cases – Contingency Fees
At LA Century Law, we represent individuals in pedestrian accidents. We’re taking new cases. When you work with LA Century Law, you can expect:
- Contingency fees – you don’t pay until we win your case
- No costs upfront – understandable fee agreements, with no risk to you
- A law firm that focuses on representing individuals. We are experienced and dedicated
- We explain each step in the process and make you feel comfortable
- A friendly and professional team that is ready to meet your needs
Let us help you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Contact our lawyers for a free consultation about your pedestrian accident claim. There are deadlines to filing your case, so please call or message us today.