Tarzana Personal Injury Attorney
When you need a Tarzana personal injury lawyer, LA Century Law is here to represent you. With millions collected in settlements and judgments for our clients, we’ve gained a reputation as aggressive, experienced lawyers.
We are accepting new cases. If you need a personal injury lawyer in Tarzana, we invite you to contact us for a review of your claim.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Tarzana
Founded by Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., LA Century Law has grown to be a premier personal injury and accident law firm with locations in Tarzana and throughout Southern California. We are committed to helping our clients receive fair compensation for injuries and damages. Our personal injury law firm highlights include:
- Experience handling a wide variety of personal injury claims. Our law firm specializes in cases affecting individuals
- A history of success – Millions recovered for our clients
- Damages won for our clients through both trial verdicts and settlement negotiations. We personalize the case for your goals and the strengths of your case
- Our law firm is family. The clients we serve are an extension of family. LA Century Law cares about your case, and we take that dedication into our work each day
- Honors from organizations like Super Lawyers (Rising Stars), Top 40 Under 40 from the American Academy of Attorneys, Los Angeles Magazine “Southern California Top Young Lawyer,” and more
- Experience in bench and jury trials. We’re not afraid to take your case to trial if that’s what it takes
- We handle all aspects of your claim. You don’t have to talk to the insurance company, the defense, or anyone else involved. Plus, we speak on your behalf in court
- Our team serves as your guide throughout your case. You can expect honest advice and guided leadership to help you reach the best result possible
What Do I Need to Prove to Receive Personal Injury Compensation?
To receive personal injury compensation, you must meet all the elements. You must prove each of the following:
- Duty and breach of duty – Breach of the duty of care establishes the legal fault of the defendant. Intentional conduct is not required. A claim may be brought against a party who is responsible for causing an accident through negligence. Recklessness and intentional conduct are also conduct that qualifies. (Note: Proving the improper conduct of another party is not required in a product liability case; instead, you must prove that the product is defective.)
- An accident occurred – It’s not enough that the defendant acted negligently. Their actions must be the cause of an accident.
- Injury to the victim – To have a personal injury claim, the victim must suffer harm. The injuries to the victim must result from the defendant’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct. A physical injury or property damage must result for the victim to bring a claim.
- Damages – Once the victim establishes injuries because of the defendant’s actions, they may claim damages. They may claim economic and non-economic losses.
It’s important to have evidence to prove each element of the claim. Our lawyers ensure that your case is built thoroughly.
What Evidence Do I Need to Prove a Personal Injury Claim?
Once you know what you need to prove, the next question is what evidence you need. Our lawyers work diligently to gather the evidence that you need to make your claim successful. You may rely on any of the following evidence:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Damaged property and structures
- Your own statements
- Employment records and logs of work activity
- Laws and regulations that provide guidance as to reasonable conduct
- Medical records
- Experts who can explain complex medical or technical information
- Other written records – emails, documents (including electronic records)
- Items gained during the discovery process like admissions and statements during deposition
The evidence that you need varies from case to case. It isn’t necessarily the amount of evidence or the number of witnesses. Our lawyers look at the entire situation to build a compelling claim that meets the elements of your case. Building the evidence is extremely important. It puts you in a strong position to negotiate a fair resolution to your case or reach a favorable result at trial.
Is my case a personal injury case?
There are many types of personal injury cases. Just some of the types of claims that may be brought as a personal injury claim include:
- Car accidents
- Truck, semi, bus, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Product malfunctions and design problems
- Pharmaceutical injuries and prescription injuries
- Slip and falls, falling on dangerous premises
- Work accidents; third-party contractor negligence
- Boating, amusement, and sports accidents
- Swimming pool and trampoline injuries
- Dog bites and animal attacks
Our lawyers accept all types of personal injury cases. These are examples of some of the types of cases we handle. Contact us to talk about your case in detail.
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
You may already know that you need a personal injury lawyer. But it may be confusing how a lawyer represents you in the claims process. Here are some of the things our lawyers do when we represent a client in a personal injury claim:
- Evaluating who may be legally liable. There may be an employer, manufacturer, or even a government entity that is liable for damages indirectly
- Preparing your summons and complaint and getting your documents ready to file in court
- Handling all interactions with the defense and the insurance company
- Speaking on your behalf in court; preparing for court appearances
- Determining what causes of action, you may bring and what damages to request
- Gathering evidence including from reluctant witnesses
- Taking advantage of legal procedure to your benefit
- Representing you in court appearances including trial
- Negotiating a non-trial resolution, if you choose
- Giving you honest advice about making decisions in your case
- Guiding you through the legal process so you know what to expect
- Making the legal process efficient so that you have fast access to compensation
Each case is unique. Our lawyers customize our representation to your needs.
Personal Injury FAQs
Is it too late for me to bring a personal injury claim?
In general, the time limit to bring a personal injury claim is two years from the injury. But there are some important exceptions that may make the time frame longer or shorter.
The best thing to do is to contact our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible to review your case.
What is my personal injury case worth?
California law allows you to claim compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Medical bills, rehabilitation, income loss and property damage are some of the economic damages that you can claim. Your medical expenses may also include care that you expect to need in the future. Non-economic damages are pain and suffering, anguish, personal disfigurement and other intangible losses.
A personal injury case is worth an amount that reflects the actual losses and suffering that the victim endures because of their injury. Do not underestimate the value of your case! It’s easy to overlook the impact on your life. Our lawyers ensure that you claim what your personal injury case is worth.
Can I still claim damages if I played a role in the accident?
California has generous comparative negligence laws. Although the compensation that you receive may be reduced because of shared fault, you may still receive a portion of your damages. Legal fault is factored into the amount that you receive for a claim. However, California law does not completely bar you from bringing a personal injury claim. You may still receive some compensation.
Don’t assume that you have shared fault just because the defense says so. Contact our lawyers to talk about what comparative fault is and whether it may impact your legal claim.
What happens at a personal injury case consultation?
A personal injury case consultation is a first meeting with a personal injury victim and our lawyers. We want you to learn about your case and what’s involved. You have the chance to ask questions about the legal process and how our representation works. Then, if you choose to hire us, we prepare a written fee agreement and begin working on your case right away.
Do I need an attorney?
If you have injuries that were serious enough to seek medical attention, it’s worth having a conversation with our attorneys. Often, you can’t afford not to have an attorney – we help our clients settle their cases quickly, and for the amount that they deserve. Talk to our personal injury attorneys about your case and how we can help you achieve justice.
Taking New Cases – Personal Injury Consultations
The LA Century Law personal injury lawyers in Tarzana are taking new cases. A personal injury accident changes your life. You need dedicated lawyers who are ready to help you claim the compensation that you deserve. At LA Century Law, we work aggressively for justice for our clients.
If you have been hurt in an accident or because of the intentional actions of someone else, contact us today to talk about your claim. Call or message us for a consultation about your case.