Tarzana Bus Accident Attorney
The experienced attorneys at LA Century Law are well versed in bus accidents and have the knowledge, skills and resources to help you obtain maximum financial compensation when you have been involved in a bus accident. Whether you or your entire family were injured as a result of the collision, we have the capability to help you.
Our legal team has helped recover millions in damages for victims. If you have sustained bodily injuries, our lawyers can help streamline the process for you so you can focus strictly on your recovery. Contact our offices today to discuss your claim and take the first step on your road to justice!
What Do Our Tarzana Bus Accident Lawyers Do?
The ultimate objective for us is to recover maximum compensation for our clients. To do that, a number of steps need to be taken in an efficient and timely manner. As bus accidents can often involve government entities, one small misstep can ruin your ability to pursue a claim. Therefore, it is imperative you work with a proven team like LA Century Law. Our offices offer full-service representation. Some of the services that we provide our outlined below:
- Hiring an investigative tea to thoroughly examine the collision and surrounding facts
- Identifying all parties who may be legally liable
- Filing claims with appropriate organizations in a timely manner to preserve the integrity of your case
- Creating a tailor-made legal strategy to fit your claim
- Correctly valuing your damages to pursue maximum damages
- Responding to insurance carriers and defense counsel so you can focus solely on recovery
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf
As the victim of a bus accident, you may deserve significant monetary compensation. Not only has your life been changed by the physical injuries, but also your life has been severely impacted by the emotional and mental toll the collision has taken on you. We understand that you and your family can be harmed by the fallout from a collision. More importantly, we understand how to ensure that you get appropriately compensated for all your damages.
The LA Century Law team is ready and waiting to get started on your case today. We invite you to contact our offices today for a free consultation regarding your case.
What Types of Vehicles May Qualify As Bus Accident Claims?
The type of bus that is involved in the collision will ultimately determine how the claim is filed. A few of the types of buses that qualify for claim are listed below:
- Metro buses
- Greyhound bus
- Other long-distance bus travel vehicles
- Tour buses
- Private charter
- Sightseeing buses
- School buses
- Church vehicles
- Hotel shuttles
- Parking, airport and rental car shuttles
- Courtesy vehicles
The Legal Basis for a Bus Accident Claim
The legal basis for a claim generally relates to liability and negligence. When an accident occurs, more often than not it is because the people involved did not operate their vehicle safely. This means that they are liable for the damages to the other party.
While determining who is at fault for a collision can be easy in some instances, it can be much more complex in others. You need counsel who understands all the nuances of the rules of the road so that the correct party is held responsible. We can help you navigate these waters efficiently and recover the compensation you deserve to get your life back on track.
Who May Bring a Bus Accident Claim?
One of the most common victims of a bus accident is a passenger; however, there are a few individuals who could pursue a claim if they are involved in a collision with a bus. Several of these are listed below:
- School crossing guard
- Person riding on the bus
- Someone driving another vehicle
- A passenger in another vehicle
- Driver of the bus
- Family of victims (in cases of wrongful death)
About Bus Accident Claims in Tarzana
Defective bus design
A bus accident may occur because of problems with the bus itself. For example, the layout of a particular bus could lead to problems with the gas tank that cause it to catch fire. Alternatively, any one of a number of systems such as the electrical, brake, ventilation or safety could be possessing a flaw that leads to injuries. If any of these defects lead to someone sustaining injuries, it would be the basis for a claim for damages.
Understanding which legal standards are involved in a case like this is important. It is equally important to understand which party was responsible for the defect. Our lawyers will help you determine if a defect was responsible for your injuries and will hold the correct party accountable for their actions.
Damages in bus accident claims
Given the size, weight and structures of buses, the injuries and damages sustained from a bus accident can be substantial. Here, both economic and noneconomic damages are available to pursue. This includes the following:
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical costs including long term medical needs
- Damages for the emotional and mental anguish you have suffered
- Recovery for lost wages and future earnings
- Reimbursement for property damage
- Compensation for any permanent disfigurement or disability
- Wrongful death damages
In any claim, a victim must be able to clearly identify and substantiate their damages. These damages will include what has already happened to you as well as what may occur in the future. Our lawyers will help you distinguish what applies and help you recover financial compensation for all of them.
Comparative negligence regarding bus seat belts
California requires people to wear seat belts, even in commercial vehicles. California is one of only a few states that requires seat belt use in commercial vehicles, if the seatbelt is provided. As a bus accident victim, you may wonder if you can still bring a claim if you were not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
Can I bring a bus accident claim if I was not wearing a seatbelt?
You can bring a bus accident claim if you were not wearing a seatbelt. However, the amount of compensation that you receive will probably be reduced to account for the fact that you were not wearing a seatbelt. (Franklin v. Gibson, 138 Cal. App. 3d 340 (1982).)
Remember, if the seatbelt wasn’t installed or provided, you’re not penalized for not wearing one. Our attorneys will help you determine whether or not wearing a seatbelt applies to your case, and how much it factors in.
Bus accident claims involving government entities
With so many public transportation systems in Southern California, a number of collisions involving buses also involve government institutions. You can bring a claim forward against the government entity in the case; however, the claims must be done carefully and correctly to be able to recover damages.
The first thing to know about claims involving government entities is that the timeline is shortened. You must submit a claim for damages within six (6) months of the incident and it must be submitted to the correct organization. The claim for damages must be completed in an appropriate manner and match several other requirements. Right or wrong, these claims are often rejected by the government entity. If that occurs, you have six (6) months from the date of the rejection to file a lawsuit.
Our attorneys are well versed in handling claims against government agencies. We can help you take the necessary steps to protect your interests and pursue the damages you deserve.
Why choose our Tarzana LA Century Law bus accident lawyers?
Here are some reasons people choose our lawyers to handle their bus accident claims:
- Experienced trial lawyers: We thoroughly understand California legal procedures, and we are seasoned trial lawyers. Our team fights for justice as long as it takes.
- Millions recovered for our clients: At LA Century Law, what we’re most proud of is the success of our firm as a whole. Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded our law firm so that individuals could have the help they need when they have personal legal problems.
- 99% success rate: We tailor our representation to your situation.
- Aggressive representation: Our law firm is a family. We see our clients as an extension of family. That means we fight for you until you have the compensation that you deserve.
- Recognition: Professional organizations like Super Lawyers (Rising Stars), AVVO (5-star reviewed), and the American Academy of Attorneys (Top 40 Under 40) have recognized our success. We’re proud of this recognition because of what it reflects – our commitment to representing our community.
Taking New Cases – No Fee Guarantee
Your case begins with a consultation with our lawyers. Time is limited to file a claim, so don’t wait. Call or send us a message. We can begin working on your case today. Contact us now to begin.