Tarzana Motorcycle Accident Attorney
At LA Century Law, we have a proven track record of assisting individuals who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. Our team of experienced litigators have represented countless victims and have helped them obtain significant financial compensation for their injuries. We are an extremely aggressive firm and will tenaciously advocate for you until you receive the justice you deserve.
Contact our team right away to discuss the details of your case and get a better understanding of how we can help you!
What Is Motorcycle Accident Compensation?
Compensation for a motorcycle accident is the payment that you can receive as the victim of another person’s negligence that results in harm. When another party is responsible for the collision, you are entitled to financial compensation for your damages.
As the victim you must bring a claim forward; however, you are not alone in this. You can call our offices right away and we will assist you with every step in the process.
About LA Century Law
We are experienced trial lawyers and personal injury litigators. We have the training, experience, and results to get our clients the results that they deserve for their injuries. We are extremely proud of the millions we have recovered for our clients.
Our law firm can assist you with:
- Determining if you have a valid legal claim
- Valuing your claim based on all the legal factors
- Interacting with the insurance company; fighting back against the insurance company tactics
- Formally filing your legal claim
- Identifying and responding to legal issues; building the claim
- Working towards the appropriate settlement or conducting trial as your representative
LA Century Law is a full-service law firm. We help victims claim financial compensation for injuries and other damages they have sustained from a motorcycle accident. If you have been hurt in a collision, we invite you to contact us to learn more or begin taking action on your claim.
Who Is at Legal Fault for a Motorcycle Accident?
When you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, you may wonder who is responsible to pay for your injuries. In Los Angeles and throughout California, negligence rules apply. That means that the party who failed to operate their vehicle responsibly, or the at-fault party, is responsible for paying for the damages. Examples of negligence are outlined below:
- Speeding, tailgating and following too closely
- Failing to follow traffic regulations like stop lights, stop signs, yielding and right of way violations
- Drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving a vehicle that is not in working condition
- Reckless driving, road rage and road races
- Not taking conditions into account like the presence of traffic, including motorcycles
In addition to individual driver liability, an employer may be responsible for the actions or negligence of their driver. For example, a claim can be brought against a government entity or private company if one of their drivers violated the standard of care required to operate a vehicle.
There are times when police come to the scene and attempt to determine fault, but it is not always clear. Establishing liability can be a very confusing process which is why you need the experienced litigators at LA Century Law in your corner.
What if I wasn’t wearing a helmet at the time? Can I still get compensation?
Even though California has mandatory motorcycle helmet laws, it may still be possible to receive accident compensation. The law does factor in that you were not wearing a helmet. However, under California pure comparative negligence laws, a claim is not prohibited just because you didn’t wear a helmet at the time of the crash. Come for a consultation with our lawyers to learn more.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Taking the right steps after a motorcycle accident can make a big difference when it comes to financial compensation. Here are the steps to take:
- Do not leave the scene. Penalties for fleeing the scene of an accident are very serious in California. Summon law enforcement if anyone is injured in the crash
- Get medical attention. Motorcycle accidents often produce serious injuries. Seek medical care right away. Everything else can wait
- Get the evidence you can. If you are able, gather evidence at the scene. Get the name and contact information for other drivers and any other witnesses. Get insurance information from the other driver. Take photos of vehicles, your injures and the entire scene
- Write it down. As soon as you can, sit down and write out what happened. Think about what happened before, during and after the crash. List your injuries and describe witnesses. It’s easy for memories to fade. If you write the information down, our lawyers can follow up later
- Report the crash to insurance. The insurance company needs to know about the crash. But don’t give too much information right away. Just tell them that the crash occurred, you have injuries, and your lawyer will be following up
- Contact a lawyer. A lawyer can begin working on your case immediately. They can preserve the evidence, get a copy of the police report and interact with the insurance company on your behalf
When you choose LA Century Law, our representation begins immediately. We begin taking steps right away that set your claim up for an efficient resolution. More importantly, this allows you to focus strictly on your recovery.
What Injuries Can Be Compensated for in a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accident injuries are often severe. You may claim compensation for a variety of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Paralysis, spinal cord injury
- Injuries from blunt force trauma
- Road rash – skin burns from contact with the road
- Traumatic brain injury, concussion and paralysis
- Whiplash and other soft tissue damage
- Mental health damages like anxiety, PTSD and depression
- Permanent disfigurement and scars
In addition to compensation for accident injuries, you may also make a claim for other economic damages, and non-economic damages. Types of economic damages include:
- Lost income
- Long-term career disruption
- All medical care and related expenses
- Travel to medical care
- Property damages
- Mobility devices like wheelchairs and scooters
- Supplies for in-home and follow-up medical care
Non-economic damages represent the ways you’re impacted by a motorcycle accident that can’t be measured by direct financial losses. Non-economic damages are awarded based on actual losses – the more you suffer, physically and emotionally, after an accident, the more compensation you deserve for suffering. Non-economic damages include:
- Emotional anguish
- Activities you can no longer enjoy
- Damage to reputation
Once you look at all the different types of motorcycle accident compensation, you see that the value of your claim may be quite high.
Our lawyers are dedicated to helping clients get fair compensation. We put our expertise to work to ensure compensation truly reflects the way the motorcycle accident has impacted your life.
How long do I have to bring a motorcycle accident claim in Tarzana?
You have two years to bring a motorcycle accident claim in Tarzana. If the defendant is a government body, you have six months to submit a notice of claim. Wrongful death cases have a different timeline. Filing a claim with the insurance company alone is not enough to meet the deadline. Our lawyers can prepare and file your paperwork to start your claim.
Tarzana Motorcycle Accident Lawyers – Taking New Cases
With a 99% success rate and a 100% no-fee guarantee, our law firm is committed to your success. We invite you to contact LA Century Law to see how we may represent you and learn more about your motorcycle accident case.
Don’t wait any longer to start your claim. You may deserve compensation, and we can help. Call or send us a message to connect with our motorcycle accident lawyers today.