Tarzana Dog Bite Attorney
Dog bites can cause serious injuries including deep puncture wounds, nerve damage and broken bones. When you’re hurt, our Tarzana dog bite lawyers can represent you to claim financial compensation for your injuries and harm.
Our lawyers seek financial assistance to cover your medical bills, lost income and property damage. We can also seek compensation on your behalf for pain and suffering and emotional anguish.
LA Century Law – Lawyers for Dog Bites in Tarzana
If you or a loved one is the victim of a dog bite injury, we invite you to contact LA Century Law. Our lawyers offer legal representation for dog bite, or dog attack, victims in Tarzana and throughout Southern California.
There may be homeowner/renter insurance that can cover a claim. Even if it involves a friend or family member, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can explore all avenues for you to receive financial compensation including through insurance policies.
About the LA Century Law Team
Some of our law firm highlights:
- Lawyers for individuals – When you have a personal legal matter, our lawyers are here to partner with you
- Our President, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded LA Century Law to help individuals seek full compensation when they are injured, including handling dog bite cases
- Thorough understanding of how insurance companies work and how to negotiate fair compensation
- Claims for individuals are all we do – Our experience gives the advantage. We know the issues and the legal procedure that can make the difference for your case
- Millions collected for our clients – We have a track record of success
- Extensive trial experience and negotiation skills. – Whether you have your day in court or we work to negotiate the appropriate settlement, we put our expertise to work. Our representation is customized to your case
- Don’t worry about how to pay for legal representation. We can represent you with no risk to you. Pay for services only when you receive compensation
- Super Lawyers, Lawyers of Distinction and the American Academy of Attorneys have recognized our success. We’re proud of our history helping individuals get justice.
We’re currently taking new cases. If you’ve been hurt by a dog bite, contact our lawyers for a consultation. We’re happy to answer your questions and explain how our representation works.
Can I Claim Compensation for a Dog Bite?
You may claim compensation for a dog bite if the attack occurs while you are lawfully in a public or private place. Strict liability applies, so you do not have to prove that the owner did something to allow the bite to occur. Generally, when a dog bite causes physical injury, the owner is responsible for damages.
Public places like parks and community spaces are places where dog bites commonly occur. But you may also claim compensation if a bite occurs at a friend’s home, while you are making deliveries (post office, Amazon, UPS or Uber Eats, for example) or while you are at a business. There are a few defenses and exceptions, but in general, California dog owners are strictly liable for bites.
Is It Worth Hiring a Dog Bite Lawyer?
If you received medical care for your injuries, it is worth talking to our dog bite lawyers. You may have the cost of medical care covered plus compensation for pain and suffering. There may be other types of compensation that you hadn’t considered like lost income if you miss work and over the counter medical supplies.
Our lawyers can give you a personalized consultation.
What Do I Need to Prove to Win Dog Bite Compensation in California?
To receive dog bite compensation in California, you must prove:
- Who is the owner of the dog
- The dog bit you
- You have physical injuries
- What your damages are worth
In addition, you may respond to any defenses raised by the owner including:
- Provocation – Teasing, harassing, hitting or striking
- Other comparative negligence – You did something to cause the bite
- Trespassing – You were not lawfully in a public or private place
- Military/Police – The dog is a military or police dog lawfully carrying out their duties
- Assumption of the risk – For veterinarians or kennel owners
- Damages – The defendant may contest the amount of damages and whether they are the result of the dog bite
As part of our representation, we anticipate what issues the defense might raise in their response. We gather the evidence and legal arguments to refute their defenses. Our representation addresses all the legal questions and issues to help you receive a favorable result.
When Can You Receive Dog Bite Compensation?
Dog bite compensation in Tarzana is available under California law – California Civil Code § 3342. In general, a victim may claim financial compensation for damages from a dog bite. There is no requirement that the animal has a prior bite history or a tendency to be aggressive.
If the victim plays a role in causing the bite, comparative negligence rules apply. The amount of compensation may be reduced to account for the victim’s role in the accident. However, comparative negligence does not completely prevent you from claiming compensation. Our lawyers can help you understand what the claim may be worth.
Dog Bite Lawyer FAQs
Is it worth bringing a dog bite claim?
If you receive medical care for a dog bite, it may be worth bringing a legal claim. With pain and suffering and emotional anguish available, compensation may be more than you realize. The best way to know if it’s worth bringing a claim is to talk to our lawyers about your situation.
What if the dog owner is my friend or relative?
Many dog bite claims go through an insurance policy. There may be insurance to pay damages when the owner is a friend or relative. Part of our representation is investigating ways you may receive compensation including homeowner or renter insurance.
What if I was scratched or chased by a dog?
A dog injury claim may be based on scratching, chasing or even a dog running in the road that causes a car accident. When the injury occurs in a way other than a bite, the legal standards may be different. Negligence may be required. Our lawyers can help you explore your options if you have a different type of dog injury case.
Does California have a one-bite rule?
There is no one-bite rule in California. Even if you are the first person to be bitten by a particular dog, you may still receive compensation.
What is the dog bite law in Tarzana?
California Civil Code § 3342 is the dog bite law that applies in Tarzana. In general, owners are legally liable for the damages that their dogs cause. The victim must bring a claim. They may have representation from a dog bite lawyer.
How can a dog bite lawyer help an injured victim?
A dog bite lawyer can help you determine if you have a case, what it might be worth and what issues need to be addressed for you to receive a fair result. Then, they can bring and pursue the claim until you receive the compensation that you deserve.
Taking New Cases – Dog Bites in Tarzana
At LA Century Law, we are committed to helping those who need legal help. We invite you to schedule a consultation with our dog bite lawyers in Tarzana. Our law firm is currently taking new cases.
Let us make sure that your interests are protected. Your time to file a claim is limited. Contact LA Century Law today.