Tarzana Wrongful Death Attorney
There is no greater pain than losing a loved one. That pain is amplified when a loved one is taken too early or as the result of another person’s reckless or careless conduct. Our Tarzana-based wrongful death attorneys represent the families of victims taken from us too soon. We understand what it means to lose a loved one unexpectedly. Our wrongful death lawyers assist families to hold the party responsible for the wrongful death accountable.
At LA Century Law, it is our goal to pursue compensation for your family as a result of a loss. As your advocates, we aim to provide aggressive representation. Losing a loved one impacts you in countless ways. Nothing can bring your loved one back, but the LA Century Law Tarzana wrongful death lawyers work for compensation that honors your loved one and reflects how much they meant to your family.
If you have lost a loved one because of the actions of another, we invite you to contact our Tarzana lawyers to talk about your case. We’re happy to investigate and answer your questions, even if you aren’t sure what happened or who may be to blame. Contact us today for your consultation.
Wrongful Death Compensation in Tarzana
California law applies to wrongful death claims in Tarzana. If your loved one dies because of the wrongful actions of another, the family may receive compensation.
At this point, you may be wondering: What does it mean that a death is wrongful?
Most wrongful deaths are accidents. It doesn’t mean the death happened on purpose. An accident can happen because someone doesn’t use reasonable care or caution. When someone loses their life as a result, the party who causes the accident through their negligence is legally responsible for paying for the consequences.
Some examples of wrongful death claims are:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck and semi-truck accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Dangerous drugs (pharmaceutical)
- Product defects and manufacturing malfunctions
- Slip and falls, other premises liability, crushing and stuck-between accidents
- Workplace accidents, construction incidents
- Medical malpractice and misdiagnosis
- Dog bites, animal attacks
- Chemical and toxic poisoning
- Boating accidents
- Sporting, amusement, and recreation accidents
The above is subject to change.
Wrongful death claims are like other types of personal injury accidents in that they are the result of the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of someone else. The victim may survive for a period of time after the accident. However, if the accident is the cause of their death, the family may bring a claim for wrongful death.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is a legal action for financial compensation. It is a civil case brought by the family of a victim. The purpose of the claim is to compensate the family for what happened as well as recognize the wrong that has occurred. The family must start the case. They may bring the case whether or not there is a traffic ticket or criminal charges issued because of what happened.
Who May Bring a Wrongful Death Claim in Tarzana?
California Code of Civil Procedure § 377.60 states who may bring a wrongful death claim in Tarzana:
- Domestic partner
- Children of deceased children
- If no surviving victim, persons entitled by intestate succession
- If parents are deceased, legal guardians
- Putative spouse*
- Children of putative spouse*
- A minor that resided with the decedent for the previous 180 days and was dependent on the decedent at least half of their support
*The person must prove they were dependent on the decedent.
Our lawyers are happy to review your case to determine who may bring a wrongful death claim. Contact us for a consultation about your situation.
What Can I Receive by Bringing a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim cannot undo the harm that has occurred to your loved one. The compensation that you receive aims to reflect the severity of the loss for your family and the impact that it has had on your life. Our lawyers can help you identify damages in any of the following categories:
- Outstanding medical bills
- Funeral costs
- Lost income
- Lost household services and contributions
- Value of unearned benefits like health insurance
- Gifts or inheritance benefits
- Pain and suffering that the victim and their loved ones experience
- Loss of companionship, love, and guidance
- Loss of relationship, sexual relations between spouses
Each case is slightly different when it comes to valuing damages. However, any loss of a loved one is a catastrophic, devastating loss. Our lawyers fight aggressively for fair compensation.
Wrongful Death Lawyers in Tarzana – Taking New Cases
What do our wrongful death lawyers do?
The death of a loved one is a devastating event. To receive compensation, you must take legal action. A positive outcome requires many steps. Our lawyers have the training, experience, and drive to handle every aspect of your case. It’s our goal to give you peace of mind that your claim is in good hands.
Our wrongful death lawyers may assist with:
- Evaluating legal responsibility – There may be additional parties like an employer or manufacturer who is legally responsible that you may not be aware of
- Preserving evidence, including proving that the accident caused the death
- Preparing legal documents and filing your claim in the court with jurisdiction
- Identifying insurance policies that may pay a claim, if applicable
- Knowing what damages are worth and how to claim them
- Negotiating your settlement or trying your case in court
- Guidance so that you know you are making the best decisions throughout the case
- Structure of a settlement; understanding the terms of the settlement so that you can manage it for your family’s benefit
- Answers to your questions – We create a customized legal plan based on your situation and goals for your case
At LA Century Law, we are experienced, trial lawyers. We are a premier personal injury and accident law firm in Tarzana with multiple locations in Southern California. We view our firm as family, and our clients are an extension of family. Our lawyers provide full-service representation both inside and outside the courtroom.
How do I start a wrongful death claim?
To start your wrongful death claim, contact our lawyers for your consultation. We’ll review the various aspects of the case. It’s your opportunity to learn about the case, what it may be worth and what’s involved in the process. If you choose to hire us, we will sign a written agreement. Then we get to work right away.
The first things we do are investigate and preserve evidence. We take care of anything you may need to do right now to build your claim. Then, your case formally begins by drafting a summons and complaint. These documents state the facts and your demand for monetary compensation. Our lawyers file these documents. When they are filed before the time deadline in the appropriate court, you have formally started your wrongful death claim.
How long do I have to file a wrongful death claim in Tarzana?
You have two years to file a wrongful death claim in Tarzana. A survival action may be brought two years from the date of injury or six months from the date of death, whichever is later.
Consultation with a Wrongful Death Lawyer
Time limits apply to wrongful death claims. Your family cannot wait too long to begin a case. At LA Century Law, we specialize in claims for individuals and families, including wrongful death cases. We’re here to aggressively fight for your rights.
Our founder and President, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded LA Century Law to advocate for victims and their families. We’ve collected millions for our clients in settlements and trial verdicts. We do not charge an upfront fee, and we can represent you with no risk to you. Call now to speak directly with our lawyers.