Tarzana Truck Accident Lawyer
Don’t suffer alone after a truck accident. Get the financial compensation you deserve. LA Century Law Firm is currently accepting new cases in Tarzana. Let our truck accident lawyers represent you to claim a monetary payment for your injuries, damages and suffering.
The truck accident lawyers at LA Century Law will investigate your matter and bring the responsible party to justice. We will determine the responsible party and work endlessly to obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Lawyers for truck accidents in Tarzana
The Tarzana truck accident lawyers at LA Century Law Firm are taking new cases. We understand the challenges you face as a truck accident victim. Come see how we can help you. Call or send us a message today.
Types of Trucks
Examples of trucks that may be the basis for a claim include:
- Tractor trailers
- Amazon delivery drivers
- Heavy equipment vehicles/cement trucks/ballast tractor
- Garbage truck
- Cutaway van chassis
Succeeding in a truck accident claim may involve in-depth technical information about the vehicle, it’s operation and maintenance, as well as the truck driver’s driving history. Our truck accident lawyers work thoroughly to investigate, prepare, and pursue your matter. We work with leading experts in the field to determine what caused the truck accident.
Compensation available in Tarzana truck accident claims
Types of compensation you may claim in a Tarzana truck accident claim are including but not limited to the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Physical and occupational rehabilitation
- Nursing care, in-home care and other supports
- Travel to appointments
- Unearned income and career damage
- Mobility assistance and prescriptions
- Physical pain and suffering, emotional anguish, mental injuries
- Disfigurement, dismemberment, humiliation, loss of reputation
- Punitive damages
Losses are generally proportional to the damages and harms suffered by the individual. This includes economic and non-economic damages. Generally, the more severely you are hurt or injured in an accident, the larger your settlement or judgment would be. However, you are not limited to medical bills alone.
Our lawyers can explain how damages are valued. In addition, we can gather the proof needed to verify your losses.
How do I prove my damages in a truck accident claim?
Part of how we represent you is examining each category of damages to see how they may apply. You may not realize how much you are suffering from your injuries. Even after you identify losses like pain and suffering and loss of lifestyle, you may not know how to value these injuries.
We use our legal training to gather evidence like medical records, healthcare experts, witnesses, pay statements and all the arguments needed to prove your damages. As your representatives, we ensure your claim is valued appropriately. Then, we work relentlessly to claim fair compensation on your behalf.
Can a truck accident claim be based on a DUI?
DUI/drunk driving can be the basis of a truck accident claim. In fact, commercial drivers have more stringent standards when it comes to drunk driving. Punitive damages may be available under the legal theory of malice. DUI is considered negligence per se, but the victim must prove that the accident occurred because of the defendant’s drunk driving.
Does comparative negligence apply in truck accident claims?
Comparative negligence may apply in truck accident claims. However, you may still bring a claim even if the defense has any amount of liability. With heavy trucks often causing severe injuries, your compensation may be significant even with comparative negligence factored in.
Our lawyers can help you respond if comparative negligence is raised. We can evaluate to determine the impact on your case and how to best handle the issue as part of pursuing your rights.
Is there a statute of limitations for a truck accident claim?
Claims against private trucking companies must be brought within two years of the accident. Property damage claims may be brought within three years. For claims against the government, there must be a notice of claim filed within six months.
What should you do after a truck accident?
Steps to take after a truck accident include:
- Get emergency medical care. Getting immediate medical attention is the top priority. With the heavy weight of a truck, you may not realize that you have serious injuries. In addition, getting immediate care documents that your injuries are the result of the accident.
- Call the police. California law requires you to call the police any time a person is injured in an accident. Even minor injuries must be reported. The police may respond to the scene. You may request a copy of the collision report.
- Preserve evidence at the scene. If you’re physically able, take photographs of the entire accident scene. Take down names, addresses and phone numbers of witnesses. Get the license, insurance and vehicle information of all other drivers involved.
- Continue with medical care. It’s important that you follow your medical care plan. Keep a diary of your appointments, your care, self-care instructions, prescriptions and expenses associated with treatment.
- Report the accident to your own insurance. The insurance company needs to know that an accident occurred. Don’t give details – just give the basics. Tell them that you have injuries. Say that your attorney will be in touch.
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you involve a lawyer, the sooner they can take over interaction with the insurance companies and the other drivers. They can also guide you through what you need to do to document your injuries and damages.
Can I still get compensation if there was a traffic ticket or a criminal charge?
Law enforcement may have issued the truck driver a traffic ticket. They may have a criminal charge filed against them. The primary purpose of those proceedings is for the driver to answer for their actions. Restitution to a victim is limited in criminal proceedings.
Not only can you still get compensation if there is a traffic ticket or a criminal charge, but it’s also vital to claim the full amount you deserve. Contact our lawyers to more about what a civil claim can do for you.
How our Tarzana truck accident lawyers can help you
Our Tarzana truck accident lawyers are full-service trial lawyers. We are experienced in vehicle accident claims including the complex issues involved in truck accidents. The LA Century Law firm may assist you in a variety of ways including:
- Investigating legal liability. In a truck accident claim, an employer of the driver, the truck owner or another party may be responsible to pay damages.
- Locating insurance policies. An insurance policy may satisfy a judgment. Truck operators are required to have commercial truck insurance.
- Filing insurance and formal claims. We ensure that your claim gets filed correctly.
- Representing you and speaking on your behalf. When it’s time to go to court, talk to another party or interact with a witness, we are your representatives.
- Maximizing your compensation. With millions collected for our clients in settlements and verdicts, we know what it takes to maximize your compensation whether you go to trial or choose to accept a settlement.
- Relentless pursuit of justice. We are experienced trial lawyers. Our team has conducted numerous bench and jury trials. We fight aggressively on your behalf as long as it takes for you to receive compensation.
- No-fee guarantee. Work with the law firm that has a 99% success rate and a 100% no-fee guarantee. Expect results – and you don’t pay for services unless you receive a judgment in your favor.
Super Lawyers, Los Angeles Magazine and AVVO are just a few professional organizations that have recognized our success on behalf of our clients. We’re proud of our track record helping individuals like you.
We invite you to come meet with us to see how we can help you with your Tarzana truck accident claim. Contact us to learn more about your legal right to compensation.