Tarzana Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
LA Century Law are lawyers that specialize in injury claims including injuries caused by an Uber or Lyft driver. Ride-share claims are complex. It is important to have the right lawyers from the start of a claim to assure that you receive full and complete financial compensation and justice for your injuries.
Don’t leave your compensation to chance. Work with the Tarzana Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at LA Century Law. We can bring your claim, work to maximize your compensation and expedite the claims process.
If you have been injured in an Uber/Lyft accident, you may make a claim to receive financial compensation. Our lawyers represent individuals and families who are injured in rideshare accidents. Contact us to begin your claim.
How do I get compensation for an Uber/Lyft accident?
To get compensation for an Uber/Lyft accident, you must:
- Determine who is legally responsible – fault may be shared among multiple parties
- Report the accident to the rideshare company and other insurance companies that may be involved
- Examine the full extent of your injuries and damages
- Negotiate your compensation
- Evaluate settlement offers
- File a formal legal claim, if necessary
The exact steps to take depend on many factors. It’s important to tailor your claim to the unique issues and circumstances present in your case. Our lawyers represent clients in Tarzana and throughout Southern California. We are a full-service legal team who can represent you from start to finish.
What damages can an Uber or Lyft accident victim receive?
An Uber or Lyft accident victim may receive compensation available for car accident victims under California law. Damages can be economic and non-economic.
- Medical bills covering emergency services, diagnostics, rehabilitation and health monitoring
- Lost income immediately following the accident and long-term career damage
- Property damage
- Travel for medical appointments, nursing care, loss of contributions to household
- Pain and suffering, mental health injuries and treatment
- Disfigurement and permanent disability
- Humiliation, loss of reputation, loss of lifestyle
- Wrongful death compensation
Punitive damages may also be available if the defendant’s conduct is especially malicious or oppressive. There are no compensation maximums in California Uber and Lyft accident claims. At LA Century Law, our mission is for every person to receive fair compensation for their personal losses, damages and harms. Contact us for a personalized evaluation of what your claim may be worth.
Does Uber/Lyft pay for accidents?
Uber and Lyft both offer insurance that may pay for an accident. California is a fault state for accidents. If the rideshare driver is at fault, the rideshare company may pay up to $1 million in liability compensation. In addition, their coverage extends to situations where another driver is at fault and they are uninsured or underinsured.
Even though Uber and Lyft advertise these generous insurance policies, they still want to settle your claim for as little as possible. If you have injuries that required medical attention, it’s worth talking to our Tarzana lawyers. There are things we can do to aggressively pursue your case. Schedule a consultation to see how we can help you make your case to receive the compensation you deserve.
Types of Uber/Lyft accidents
Here are some examples of car accident fault that may result in Uber/Lyft compensation:
- Stopping in a dangerous place while loading and unloading passengers
- Driving off before all passengers are secured in the vehicle
- Speeding or careless driving
- Traffic violations like running a stop sign, unsafe lane changes and disregarding traffic lights
- Drunk driving (DUI), driving while distracted, tired or fatigued
- Road rage, reckless driving
- Failing to perform necessary maintenance on the vehicle
- Allowing an unqualified driver to operate for a rideshare company
- Other drivers not leaving enough room for passengers to enter and exit a vehicle
Rideshare drivers are commercial drivers. They have a high duty to exercise care and caution on the roads. The driver may be at fault because of something specific to rideshare driving, like embarking and disembarking passengers in a dangerous manner. However, simple traffic errors may be enough to create legal fault. Multiple drivers may be at fault for an accident.
When does the Uber/Lyft accident insurance apply?
The $1 million Uber/Lyft accident insurance applies from the time a driver has accepted a ride until the passenger disembarks. A smaller amount of insurance applies when the driver is active in the app without a current ride. If the app is completely off at the time of the accident, their own personal insurance applies.
How much time do I have to file an Uber/Lyft accident claim?
The time limit for rideshare accident claims is two years. The victim must file the claim not more than two years after they are injured. However, when the defendant is a government body, the victim has six months to submit a notice of claim.
Reporting the accident to Uber/Lyft does not meet this time deadline. Talk to our lawyers as soon as possible about starting your case.
What should you do if you’re in an Uber/Lyft accident?
If you’re in an Uber/Lyft accident, get medical attention right away. If anyone else is injured, make sure they have the medical care that they need. Drivers must call law enforcement if anyone is injured.
As the passenger, you may also call, and it’s important that law enforcement receives notice of the accident. Get the driver’s name, license information, vehicle details and their rideshare identification number. Report the accident to the rideshare company. Take photos of the accident scene if you can.
Next, you need to start identifying and valuing damages. In addition, you must prove fault for the accident. The sooner you begin preparing, the more efficiently you can build your claim. Our lawyers can guide you through all of these steps and build your claim on your behalf.
Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyers Near Tarzana
When you are looking for the best Uber/Lyft accident lawyers near Tarzana, we invite you to schedule a consultation with LA Century Law. We are a premier personal injury law firm. Our lawyers are experienced in handling car accident claims including when rideshare services are involved.
Highlights of LA Century Law and our legal services are:
- A law firm dedicated to individual rights including car accident cases. We are experienced and fully resourced to meet your legal needs.
- Success collecting millions for our clients. We’ve gotten justice for our clients in both trial verdicts and settlement negotiations. Resolve your case in the right way for you.
- Thorough knowledge of California rideshare laws. We identify the legal issues that are important in your case.
- A 99% success rate. Plus, with our no-fee guarantee, don’t worry about paying for a lawyer. Pay only when we succeed in claiming compensation on your behalf.
- Trial experience. At the heart of LA Century Law, we are trial lawyers. We’ll keep pursuing your case as long as it takes.
- Commitment to justice. We see our law firm as a family, and our clients as an extension of family. That means we do what it takes to get justice for you.
- Recognition from organizations like Super Lawyers, the American Academy of Attorneys and Los Angeles Magazine for the success we’ve achieved for our clients.
- Free case evaluations. Get to know us and how we can help you with no obligation.
You need legal representation with experience, skill and history of proven results. At LA Century Law, we consistently get the results our clients need and deserve. Contact us today to talk about your case.