Century City Personal Injury Attorney
Do you need a Century City car accident lawyer? At LA Century Law, we’ve recovered millions for our clients. We’re proud of our history of success representing car accident victims. Contact us today for a consultation about your case.
Lawyers for Car Accident Compensation in Century City
You may deserve financial compensation for a car accident. But you may have questions – What compensation do I deserve? How do I go about claiming it? Do I need to do certain things to prove my case?
At LA Century Law, we are committed to providing complete representation for you to receive justice. Our President and founder, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded our law firm with one goal in mind – helping our clients receive compensation for injuries and damages. Contact us today to see what compensation you deserve and how our law firm can represent you.
Examples of Car Accident Fault
Some examples of negligence for a car accident are:
- Following too closely to other vehicles
- Disregarding stop signs and stop lights; disregarding the right of way
- Drunk driving, drugged driving
- Road defects
- Not taking weather or poor lighting into account
- Distracted driving, texting
- Drowsy driving
- Careless driving
- Manufacturing defects
- Vehicle failures
- Failing to secure a vehicle load
- Animal crossings
- Medical events
- Road rage, intentional acts, drag racing
The cause of an accident may not be immediately apparent right when an accident occurs. It’s best not to make assumptions about fault and talk to our car accident lawyers as soon as possible.
What Is the Basis for a Car Accident Claim in Century City?
You may know that a car accident may make one party legally liable to another for damages. But why is that the case? To put it in one word, negligence.
Negligence is the absence of reasonable care. It occurs when a driver, or another person, fails to exercise due care and caution. When an accident occurs because of negligence, the party responsible is legally at fault. They must pay damages if the victim files a claim.
Car Accident Compensation
In Century City and throughout California, the victim of a car accident may receive monetary compensation. The compensation that the victim receives may reflect both economic losses and non-economic suffering. There is often insurance to pay damages. If necessary, the victim may take legal action to receive the proper amount that they deserve.
How can a lawyer help me?
Receiving a fair result is a complex process. The victim has the right to representation from a car accident lawyer. A lawyer assists with all aspects of the case, including valuing the case, proving fault, and taking the appropriate action to collect compensation.
You need to take legal steps to bring the claim correctly. Our car accident lawyers are experienced in all the steps necessary. We can file your claim, work to optimize your results, and make the legal system manageable.
Contact the Century City car accident lawyers today for a consultation about your claim.
Types of Car Crashes
A car crash can occur in many ways.
- Rear-end – A driver has a legal obligation to leave sufficient room from the car in front of them. A rear-end collision is usually the fault of the driver behind, but not always.
- Head-on collision – When vehicles are traveling in opposite directions, a collision is likely to be a head-on crash. One of the vehicles departs from its lane of travel and enters the opposing lane. The crash may produce severe
- T-bone – T-bone crashes occur when a driver fails to properly yield the right of way. They occur at intersections, including stoplights and stop signs. When impact occurs on the side of a vehicle, the occupant of the vehicle doesn’t have the protection of the front or back of the vehicle. Injuries may be severe.
- Sideswipe – A sideswipe accident may occur when a driver attempts to change lanes without clear room to do so. A driver may simply enter the lane without space, or they may fail to check their blind spot before attempting to negotiate the lane change.
- Rollovers – It’s natural to take aggressive action to evade danger. Unfortunately, sudden correction may cause a rollover accident.
- Multi-vehicle pile-up – A crash may involve multiple vehicles. The original impact may involve several vehicles, or a pile-up may occur when drivers cannot stop when there is a crash in front of them.
- Single-car accident – Single car accidents occur for a variety of reasons – not all of them are the driver’s fault. Crashes can occur because of poor road maintenance and vehicle manufacturing defects.
The type of accident may indicate who is at fault, but not always. The type of crash may be used to identify injuries and complications that are the likely result of trauma.
Compensation for a Car Accident
What is a car accident claim worth?
California law allows a victim to claim compensation for the losses they sustain in a car accident. Some of the losses are easy to identify – You likely went to the emergency room or urgent care, and you have medical bills. Other types of harm may not be as recognizable, but they’re still there. You likely have physical pain and mental anguish. Too many car accident victims fail to recognize and claim all their damages.
Damages in a car accident claim
- Emergency medical care
- Long-term medical bills, including future costs
- Prescriptions, physical therapy, wheelchairs, scooters, and crutches
- Mental health injuries and treatment
- Short-term lost income and long-term career disruption
- Property damage, including to the vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Disfigurement, scars, and changed lifestyle
- Punitive damages (special qualifications apply)
In California, you are entitled to two categories of damages: “Economic” and “Non-Economic” damages. Both Economic and Non-Economic Damages provide compensation for past and future harm.
Economic Damages: Economic damages or “Special Damages” are those that can be quantified. Meaning, it is easy to place a monetary value on them. Economic damages include but are not limited to:
- Cost of repairing or replacing damage to your car or other belongings.
- Loss of use of your vehicle.
- Reimbursement for car rental.
- Medical costs and expenses (past and future).
- Loss of earnings or income resulting from the accident.
- Other out-of-pocket costs and expenses
Non-Economic Damages: Non-Economic Damages or “General Damages” are damages where no exact monetary value can be calculated. Non-Economic damages are awarded both for past and future harm, and include but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish which includes anxiety, fear, shock, and humiliation.
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
- Emotional distress.
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, sexual relations, and emotional support from your spouse.
Our lawyers use our experience to ensure that your damages reflect what you may claim under the law.
Car Accident Lawsuit FAQs
Is California a no-fault state for car accidents?
At-fault rules apply to car accidents in California. The party at fault for the accident must pay for damages regardless of the severity of injury to the victim.
Is shared fault a factor in car accident compensation?
Don’t admit fault just because the defense suggests it. When you make a claim for a car accident, it’s common for the insurance or the defendant to raise the issue of your own fault. While shared fault may impact the amount you receive, California law does not prevent you from bringing a claim. Our lawyers can help you respond aggressively to allegations of shared fault.
Do I report the accident to insurance?
It’s always best to report the accident to your insurer right away. But don’t give too many details. Just tell them that you were in an accident with injuries, your lawyer will follow up soon.
How long does the insurer have to respond to my report of an accident?
In California, a lawyer has 15 days to acknowledge the report. They must send instructions and paperwork within that time frame. After you submit your proof of loss form, they have 40 days to decide the claim. If they approve it, they have 30 days to make a final payment.
When should I contact a car accident lawyer?
It’s best to start working with our lawyers as soon as possible. There are things that we can do to assist with preserving evidence and interacting with the insurance company. Ultimately, the things you do soon after the accident can impact the amount you receive and the efficiency of the claims process.
Can an employer be at fault for an accident?
When the driver at fault for the accident is working for an employer, it is the employer who may be ultimately liable. If the accident occurs in a company vehicle or while the employee is running a work errand, employer liability is something to explore with our lawyers.
Lawyers for Car Accidents – Taking New Cases
Our Century City car accident lawyers are taking new cases. LA Century Law is focused on success for our clients, including claiming compensation for car accident victims. Here are some reasons people choose our law firm:
- 99% success rate – We know what it takes to receive fair compensation
- A civil law firm specializing in cases helping individuals. Our experience each day gives us an advantage as we fight aggressively for you
- Trial lawyers who are confident in the courtroom and ready to pursue your case until you have justice
- Millions of dollars were recovered for our clients through both trials and settlement negotiations. We pursue your claim in the best way possible, given the circumstances and facts
- Honors from peer-review organizations like Super Lawyers and the American Academy of Attorneys. These honors reflect the success we have achieved for our clients
- 100% no-fee guarantee – There is no cost for our services unless you receive compensation
We’re passionate about our work and proud of our success for clients.
Car Accident Consultations in Century City
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact our Century City car accident lawyers today to talk about your case. See how we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.