Century City Pedestrian Accident Attorney
A pedestrian is no match for a motor vehicle. Because of the large size of the vehicle, even an accident at low speeds can be devastating. Having an experienced lawyer for Century City pedestrian accidents is crucial to receiving the compensation that you are due under the law.
At LA Century Law, we aim to collect fair settlements for our clients for the injuries, harms and damages that they have. If you are one of the thousands hurt each year in California pedestrian accidents, don’t suffer without the monetary compensation you deserve. Contact our Century City pedestrian accident lawyers today for a consultation.
How our lawyers represent you
Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq. is the founder and President of LA Century Law. The law firm represents individuals facing injury and other legal wrongs. The law firm is a team of experienced litigators with the resources to pursue your case aggressively and thoroughly. We accept pedestrian accident claims in Century City and throughout California.
Examples of Pedestrian Accident Claims
California uses a negligence standard for pedestrian accident claims. Anyone who causes an accident by not being careful enough may be liable to pay damages. Recklessness and intentional misconduct are also viable grounds for a claim. Here are some examples:
- Striking a pedestrian that is crossing the street
- Failing to observe directions from a crossing guard
- Making a turn without the right of way
- Not stopping for a school bus
- Acting carelessly while passengers are entering or exiting a vehicle
- Not using reasonable care when there are individuals on the shoulder or on the sidewalk
- Driving too fast through a space with many pedestrians
- DUI, drunk driving, drugged driving
- Rolling stops; not stopping completely at an intersection
- Distracted driving and driving while fatigued
If someone else causes injuries to a pedestrian, they may owe the victim compensation. Whether the driver is negligent depends on the situation and whether they acted reasonably.
How does a pedestrian get compensation for accident injuries?
A pedestrian must bring a claim to get compensation for accident injuries. They may file through the responsible party’s insurance, but a formal legal claim may be needed. To receive compensation, the victim starts the case with a complaint. The document outlines the facts of the accident and the basis for the legal claim. Filing the case is only the beginning – the victim must gather evidence and legal arguments in their favor.
The parties can discuss options to settle the case. If they do not reach a settlement, they may present the case at a jury or bench trial. Our lawyers can represent you through the entire process, working to maximize your compensation.
What Compensation Can You Get As a Pedestrian Accident Victim?
Compensation as a pedestrian accident victim may cover economic losses, non-economic damages and, in rare cases, punitive damages.
- Emergency medical bills
- Future and long-term medical expenses
- Lost income
- Physical therapy
- Mental health care
- Property damage
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish
- Mental suffering
- Humiliation; loss of reputation
- Disfigurement; loss of bodily function
- Only awarded in rare cares
- Designed to punish a defendant for extreme misconduct
Can a pedestrian be liable in a car accident?
It is possible for a pedestrian to be at fault for a car accident in which they are injured. That doesn’t mean they’re barred from receiving compensation, however. Comparative fault laws apply in Century City and throughout California. Fault may be considered, but it never completely prevents a pedestrian from pursuing a claim. Ask our lawyers to explain comparative negligence and how it might apply.
Pedestrian Accident Compensation FAQs
What is a complaint in a pedestrian accident claim?
A complaint is a document that formally begins a pedestrian accident claim in court. The victim summarizes what happened and why the defendant is legally liable. They state their claim for damages. How the complaint is written is extremely important. When we represent you, we draft all legal documents on your behalf.
How can I get a crosswalk settlement?
A crosswalk settlement may be brought against a driver, the government agency responsible for maintaining the crosswalk or both parties. You must identify who is legally responsible, gather proofs required by the law and assert your claim. When a government agency is a defendant, the time limit is extremely short – you have just six months to get the first documents submitted.
How long do I have for a pedestrian accident claim?
For defendants who are not government bodies, you have two years to start a pedestrian accident claim. The claim may take longer than that to resolve. You must have it started the last day before two years expires. Remember that submitting a claim to the insurance company is not enough to formally start a claim – paperwork must be filed in court. Our lawyers can help you submit the right documents to meet the timeline.
What if the claim involves a government agency?
Is it possible to receive compensation from a government entity when they are the cause of a pedestrian accident. Special rules apply, and the timelines are shortened. Contact us as soon as possible to make your claim.
How can I get a crosswalk accident settlement?
The most important step in getting a crosswalk accident settlement is diligently building your case. You should thoroughly prepare it for trial. Then, the defense can see the strength of your case. When the parties can agree on the approximate value, the defense is more likely to offer a fair settlement. If necessary, you may request a trial presided over by a judge.
What should I do if the insurance company isn’t being fair about my settlement?
The insurance company may deny your claim, fail to reply or do things to stall. You can fight back. Work with our lawyers to understand what reasons the insurance company is giving for failing to pay the claim. We can work with you to remedy any deficiencies or take the next steps to require the insurance company to address the claim in a court of law.
Reasons People Choose LA Century Law
Here are some reasons our clients choose LA Century Law:
- Experience in a variety of injury claims including car accident claims
- A thorough knowledge of the complexities when a case involves a pedestrian victim
- A history of success resolving claims through trial verdict and by settlement
- Open communication with our clients throughout the case. We view our law firm as family and our clients as an extension of family
- Recognition of our success from Super Lawyers, AVVO (5-star reviewed), Los Angeles Magazine and more
- Membership in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Our founder, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., is a former clerk of the Los Angeles Superior Court, giving him the knowledge and experience of what it takes to win in court
- A 100% no-fee guarantee. Don’t worry about paying for our services unless we receive compensation on your behalf. With a 99% success rate, we’re confident in the representation that we provide our clients.
Taking New Cases – Free Consultation
Our Century City pedestrian accident lawyers provide consultations to pedestrian accident victims and their families. We invite you to come see what your claim may be worth. Learn about our legal services and get to know us. We’re taking new cases now.