Century City Truck Accident Lawyer
In our current society, we rely on trucks to deliver goods around the country. A 2017 report cited that truck drivers are largely tired and fatigued. This can lead to fatal and devastating truck accidents. It is important to keep the drivers and the companies they work for accountable. Therefore, if you have been involved in an accident with a truck, please call our office for a free consultation.
Injuries from a truck accident can impact your family for many years to come. The immediate aftermath of a truck accident is overwhelming. How will I pay my medical bills? What if I can’t work? Who will care for my family?
At LA Century Law, we are truck accident lawyers serving Century City and Los Angeles. If you are injured in a truck accident, you may deserve financial compensation. Our lawyers are dedicated to asserting your rights. It is our goal and mission to assure that you receive financial compensation for your injuries and harm. We will focus on the leg work associated with your legal claim, so that you can focus on your health and recovery.
Truck accident claims may be more complex than other types of accident claims. LA Century Law is a team of experienced trial lawyers with a history of success in personal injury cases. We are dedicated to representing individuals and their families.
Contact us today for a consultation regarding your truck accident claim.
What To Do Following A Los Angeles Truck Accident
Following an accident, take these important steps to assure your rights are protected:
Step 1: Safely pull over to the side of the road.
Step 2: Evaluate your body for pain and injuries. If there are signs of injury, seek medical attention.
Step 3: Gather as much information as possible from the other party. Request a copy of their (1) driver’s license; (2) insurance information; and (3) vehicle information. If possible, call the police. The police will issue a report. If there are any witnesses, request their information. Under no circumstances, admit fault!
Step 4: Take photos of the damage to your car and any other vehicles involved in the accident. Take photographs of the intersection or street where the collision occurred if it can be done so safely.
Step 5: Call LA Century Law for a free consultation.
Examples of Trucks That May Be in an Accident
Some trucks that may be the basis of a truck accident claim include:
- Amazon, FedEx and UPS
- Tow trucks
- Cutaway van chassis
- Medium and heavy-duty trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Haul trucks, dump trucks and heavy haulers
Are Trucks Liable for an Accident?
A truck driver or trucking company may be liable for damages in the event of an accident. They are required to exercise reasonable care and caution on the road. Negligence standards account for the fact that trucks are heavy vehicles that cannot immediately stop or take evasive action.
Truck drivers should be appropriately trained to operate their vehicles and exercise care over the loads they are transporting. In addition, trucking operations should comply with federal and state regulations that apply to their activities. If the truck driver or company is at fault for the accident, they must pay victims for their losses. The victim must formally file a legal claim.
Examples of Truck Accident Injuries
Injuries that you may claim compensation for in a truck accident include:
- Brain damage, TBI, concussion
- Broken bones, sprains
- Paralysis, spinal cord and nerve damage
- Facial and body disfigurement, scars
- Internal damage, bruising
- Loss of limb
- Wrongful death
- Rib and torso damage
- Whiplash, other seat belt damage
There is no limit to damages for injuries in a truck accident claim. You may claim compensation for the expenses associated with medical care and related losses like the inability to work. In addition, non-economic damages reflect the physical and emotional suffering associated with your injuries.
Compensation that you can receive for a truck accident claim is in proportion to the severity of your injuries. In the case of a truck accident, damages are often high. Don’t underestimate the value of your claim without talking to our Century City truck accident lawyers.
Is there a deadline to take legal action in a Los Angeles truck accident?
In California, when you or someone you love is involved in an accident, you are making a claim under the legal theory of “negligence”.
Negligence claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. The Statute of Limitations is a deadline for a party or parties to bring their legal claim(s) against another. This means that if a lawsuit is not filed within two years from the date of the accident, it may be lost forever. However, there is one caveat. If the claim is against a government entity, a “Claim For Damages” must be filed with the proper entity within six months from the date when the accident occurred. Therefore, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as you believe you have been harmed.
Will my truck accident claim go to trial? Will I have to testify in court?
Only a small percent of truck accident claims go to trial. By building your case thoroughly and demanding production of evidence, we can make your case before your trial date arrives. Strategic settlement negotiations are a critical part of receiving fair compensation.
Although we thoroughly prepare your case and give you honest advice, it’s ultimately up to you whether to accept a settlement or take your case to trial. If the case goes to trial, we’ll present it on your behalf and prepare you for your role in the proceeding.
Can I get compensation for a delivery truck accident?
Delivery truck accidents may occur while a truck is moving on the road or while they are parking or backing up. Drivers must always look out for other vehicles and people who may be nearby. Negligence on the part of the delivery company or their driver may be the basis of compensation for the victim.
Do trucks have to carry insurance?
All trucking companies must carry insurance for their vehicles and their operations. One of the ways our lawyers serve you is ensuring that insurance policies are identified and utilized to collect damages.
Are There Special Legal Issues in Truck Accident Claims?
Truck accident claims are unlike other types of vehicle accidents. Trucks are large and heavy in size, producing serious injuries. Here are some of the special legal issues our lawyers look for to ensure your truck accident claim is handled appropriately:
- Thorough investigation of physical injuries to ensure that your losses are truly accounted for
- Evaluation of parties that may be at fault beyond the driver of the vehicle. An employer, vehicle owner, manufacturer or even the government who maintains the road may be legally at fault
- Reviewing insurance policies to find opportunities to collect fair compensation. Making claims through these insurance policies
- Gaining access to maintenance logs and employee records that may prove legal liability of the trucking company
- Responding to defenses raised including claims of comparative negligence; using expert witnesses as necessary to prove injuries, fault and causation of damages
- Negotiation of your claim. The trucking company is likely to have a powerful team of lawyers representing them. Our legal team identifies delay tactics and things the other side may do to try and discourage you in the pursuit of compensation. When you work with our lawyers, you have a level playing field.
Wrongful death truck accident lawyers
If you have lost a loved one in a trucking accident, our lawyers are here to help. The sudden loss of a loved one devastates a family. Let us honor your loved one and help your family by fighting for financial compensation. Meet with our professional and compassionate team members to learn more.
Truck Accident Lawyers Near Century City
The LA Century Law firm represents individuals and families who are victims of truck accidents. We are accepting new cases in Century City and throughout California. Our truck accident lawyers offer the following services and highlights:
- Experienced trial lawyers: We have successfully handled a variety of vehicle accident claims including truck accidents.
- Trial and settlement negotiation expertise: Whether you want to take your case to trial or negotiate a settlement, we are highly experienced in all aspects of fighting for justice for you.
- Fighting as long as it takes: To us, our law firm is family. Our clients are an extension of that family. That means we fight aggressively and relentlessly until we get results for you.
- 100% no-fee guarantee: Don’t worry about paying for your lawyer. We handle your claim with a promise of no fee unless you win your case. We have a 99% success rate representing people just like you.
- Recognition: Honors from organizations like Super Lawyers, the American Academy of Attorneys (Top 40 Under 40), AVVO and the American Academy of Attorneys reflect our success on behalf of clients.
- Customized representation: Every truck accident claim is serious. When becoming a victim changes your life in an instant, you need results. We know how important this is to you. We tailor our representation to meet your needs.
Don’t take a chance with something as serious as your truck accident compensation. You may deserve monetary compensation, but getting the amount that you deserve doesn’t just happen by chance. Our lawyers are prepared to take all the necessary steps for you to receive fair treatment for your case.
Time to file a claim is limited, so don’t wait. Contact our truck accident lawyers in Century City today. Schedule a consultation, and we can begin working on your case right away.