San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorney
Our personal injury lawyers serve clients in San Bernardino and throughout Southern California. If you have been hurt because of the actions of others, contact us today to talk about your claim. We can help you receive the monetary compensation that you deserve.
Experienced Lawyers – Real Results
Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded LA Century Law with one goal in mind – to be the voice for vulnerable individuals who are hurt by the actions of others. We are dedicated to helping clients recover compensation for their injuries and damages by aggressively defending them against those adverse to their needs. Below are some of the reasons our clients have chosen our experienced legal team to represent them:
- We are a firm that treats each client, and their loved ones, as an extension of our family. We care on a very personal level about the health and well-being of each client.
- Our legal representation is customized. We get to know you. We understand the numerous ways that a personal injury can impact the life of a victim and those around them, and work tirelessly to reduce or remove all of the stress involved.
- Our lawyers have real experience. At our core, we are trial lawyers. Our firm is not scared of litigating a case and will not settle for less than what you deserve over the fear of a courtroom.
- We have a proven track record. We have recovered millions for our clients through settlements and trial verdicts.
- LA Century Law is a well-recognized and prestigious firm with awards and honors from organizations such as Super Lawyers, The American Academy of Attorneys Top 40 Under 40, and the International Advisory Experts Award for Personal Injury.
- Our team has a 99% success rate. We have demonstrated time and time again that we know what it takes to win.
- A no-fee guarantee. If you don’t get compensated for your injuries you don’t pay anything for our services.
We are extremely proud of the success we have had in the San Bernardino Area as well as the rest of California. When you need representation from an experienced, premier personal injury firm, LA Century Law is here for you. Contact our lawyers today to discuss your claim in detail!
Do I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
The first thing people want to know when they talk to our lawyers in San Bernardino is whether they have a personal injury claim. California laws protect people who are hurt because of the actions of others. The underlying question is why the accident and injury occurred. There are a few standards of conduct of others that may qualify you to bring a claim:
- Negligence – Many accidents can be traced back to negligence. For example, a driver has a duty to be careful and cautious when they are on the roads. Negligence is the absence of reasonable care and caution. It is based on all the circumstances leading up to the accident. What’s reasonable in one situation may not be reasonable in another situation.
- Recklessness – Recklessness is more serious than negligence. It is disregarding a clear risk of danger.
- Intentional Conduct – Some injuries occur because of intentional harm to others. Assault and battery may form the basis of a personal injury claim.
- Strict liability – Strict liability, or “no excuses” liability, may apply to certain types of cases like injuries that occur because of defective products.
An important part of a personal injury claim is proving what happened and how that conduct fails to live up to reasonable standards. Our lawyers investigate what happened and whose actions contributed to the accident. Then we gather evidence to prove your damages.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
To better understand if you have a personal injury claim, here are some common types of personal injury claims:
- Car and auto accidents
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents
- Truck, semi-truck, and bus crashes
- Pedestrian injuries
- Workplace and construction incidents
- Dangerous property conditions, slip and falls
- Recreational accidents, swimming pools, boating, amusement parks, exercise facilities
- Product liability – dangerous design and malfunctions
- Pharmaceutical drugs that cause harm
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites and other animal injuries
- Wrongful death
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals and toxins
This list is not exhaustive. There are countless ways that a personal injury can occur. The underlying question in each instance is whether or not a party is legally liable for the damages due to their actions.
What if no injury occurred?
What are your legal rights if there is a near miss? For example, when another driver does something risky or downright intentionally harmful, but you manage to escape any injuries or damages – can you sue for that? After all – they could have killed you! Unfortunately, the answer is no. To bring a legal claim against another party, you must have sustained damages either to your person or your property.
However, the offender may receive a traffic ticket or even criminal charges if their conduct amounts to an offense. In addition, a near-miss in the workplace is reportable through OSHA to improve worker safety.
Claiming Personal Injury Compensation
What can I receive in personal injury compensation?
The purpose of personal injury compensation is to fairly represent the losses that you have from the accident. The amount that you receive is based on the severity of the harm that results If your injuries are severe, the financial compensation you receive could be significant.
Some losses are financial, but any personal injury victim knows that your damages go far beyond that. Our lawyers can help you identify and value damages in the following categories:
- Emergency medical bills
- Doctor and nursing care, physical therapy, rehabilitation
- Prescription costs and mobility devices
- Long-term medical care needs
- Lost income
- Disruption to career
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish and suffering
- Mental health injuries like PTSD and anxiety
- Permanent disfigurement
- Injury to reputation
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages (If certain conditions are present)
To claim compensation for damages, you must have sustained real injuries from the incident. Understanding what damages you can pursue is very complicated and often individuals underestimate the full extent of the compensation they are entitled to. Not only are you entitled to recovery from the physical damages you suffer, but also you are allowed to recover for the emotional and mental pain you are subjected to as a result of the incident. It is our goal to ensure that all your damages are identified and fairly valued when it comes to your settlement.
Personal Injury Lawsuit FAQs
How do I receive compensation for a personal injury claim?
The first step in the road to recovering financial compensation from a personal injury case is filing a claim. While the other party involved may deny liability, filing a claim forces them to respond to the events. The next step should be hiring equipped legal counsel to help design your tailor-made legal strategy. While most claims can be resolved before filing suit, litigation may be a necessary action in order to protect your interests. You should work with a team of experienced litigators like the ones at LA Century Law who will not be intimidated by the idea of trial.
How does a lawyer help with personal injury?
Even when it’s clear that someone else is responsible for your injuries, there are many steps to take to receive appropriate financial compensation. There are technical requirements for legal documents and evidentiary rules that must be followed. Even a simple, innocent mistake can prevent you from receiving the compensation that you deserve.
Having a personal injury lawyer levels the playing field. We are trained and experienced representatives to handle the complex and important task of ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve. We know how to maximize your claim. Plus, we’re aware of all the procedural rules that are critical to advancing your claim. Not only do we work to maximize your results, but we also have the experience to make the legal system manageable.
Does it take a long time to receive compensation for a personal injury?
The time it takes to receive compensation for personal injury depends on the severity of the injury and how complex the claim is. There isn’t one clear answer or a calculator for how long it’s going to take. Our lawyers can help you balance the goals of having your case resolved quickly and ensuring you receive the compensation that you deserve.
What if I can’t wait for medical care?
When you’re severely injured, you don’t have time to wait for the medical care that you need. A medical lien may help you get care now while your case is pending. However, they’re not all created the same. Our legal team can help you find a provider near you who works on a lien and, more importantly, we will help you negotiate favorable terms for your medical care so that more money goes into your pocket.
What if they say I was partially at fault?
It’s common for the defense to raise shared fault as an allegation, but don’t be fooled! It is likely that the other side is hoping that you will give up on the case. You don’t share responsibility just because the other party says so. More importantly, even if you have contributed in some small way to the accident you may still be entitled to financial compensation.
If shared liability arises as an issue in your claim, know that California law is favorable to accident victims. Again, shared fault alone does not preclude you from pursuing financial compensation. It may impact the amount that you receive, but you may still claim damages. We can work with you to understand how shared fault may impact your case, and we can fight back against unfair allegations.
Lawyers in San Bernardino – Taking New Cases
Our personal injury lawyers are taking new cases. When you need committed, experienced legal representation in San Bernardino, LA Century Law is here to represent you.
You have only a limited amount of time to bring your case. Sometimes the time window is concise – Don’t wait to contact our law firm.
There’s no cost to talk to our lawyers for a consultation. Learn more about your case and how we can help you receive fair compensation for your personal injury. Call or message us today to begin.