San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident is a sudden, traumatic experience. Your life may change in an instant. The injuries you suffer can cause financial hardship, physical pain, and emotional anguish. The consequences of a car accident cannot be understated.
Our San Bernardino car accident lawyers are here to help you file for financial compensation if you’re hurt in a car accident. We help victims bring their claims and maximize the amounts that they receive. If you have been injured in a car accident, our lawyers can represent you in San Bernardino and throughout Southern California.
LA Century Law – Car Accident Lawyers Serving San Bernardino
At LA Century Law, we’re proud of the success that we’ve had for our car accident clients:
- Millions recovered. With a 99% success rate, you can expect results!
- Our representation comes with a no-fee guarantee. There’s no charge for our services unless you win your case.
- Experience in car accident claims of all kinds
- Courtroom experience – We are trial lawyers. We fight for justice for you until you have the compensation that you deserve.
- Our law firm is like family. Our clients are an extension of family. That’s our commitment to your success.
- Recognition from professional organizations like Super Lawyers, American Academy of Attorneys Top 40 Under 40, and International Advisory Experts Award, Personal Injury.
- We’re proud of our success fighting for compensation for the injuries and damages of our clients.
The LA Century Law car accident lawyers are full-service advocates for car accident victims. Contact us today for a consultation regarding your claim.
Types of Car Accidents in San Bernardino
Our lawyers handle a wide variety of car accident claims, including:
- Car, SUV, and pickup truck accidents
- Semi-truck, delivery vehicle, bus, and other commercial vehicle accidents
- Crashes involving motorcycles, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Head-on collisions, sideswipes, rear-end accidents, rollovers, T-bone, and pile-up accidents
- Catastrophic injury claims involving paralysis, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones
- Wrongful death
- Crashes that result from defective vehicles and poor vehicle design, tire defects
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi accidents
- DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk driving/Drugged driving/Furnishing alcohol to a minor
- Distracted driving and texting crashes; driving while tired or fatigued
- Crashes that result from poor road maintenance and design
There are a lot of reasons that car accidents occur. At LA Century Law, we investigate the underlying causes to ensure that the responsible party is held accountable for their actions.
The basis for car accident compensation
California uses a negligence standard to determine legal fault for car accidents. Legal negligence is when a party fails to live up to a reasonable standard of care. Because vehicles are inherently dangerous, the legal standard is quite high. A driver must use ordinary care and caution in all activities – their speed, obeying traffic laws, and even being in fit condition to drive. Whether or not the police issue a traffic ticket, when an accident occurs because of the negligence of a driver, the victim may claim financial compensation.
*Proving negligence is not required in defective product claims (i.e., claims related to manufacturing and design defects that cause accidents). Identifying the product as defective or malfunctioning may be sufficient to prove the right to compensation.
Legal Standards for Car Accident Compensation in San Bernardino
Car accident compensation may be based on the following standards in California:
- Negligence – An absence of ordinary care in the specific circumstances
- Recklessness – Choosing to disregard an obvious risk of danger
- Intentional harm – Road rage and using a vehicle as a weapon
- Strict liability – May apply in claims involving defective vehicles and tires
One or more parties may have fault for an accident; fault may be shared. It is not always shared equally. Proving fault is only one step. You must also prove damages and the appropriate amount of compensation.
How does a car accident lawyer represent their client?
You may already know that a car accident lawyer helps you in the claims process after an accident. You may wonder how exactly they go about representing your interests. Our car accident lawyers may help you claim financial compensation by taking the following steps:
- Determining whether negligence has occurred and who has legal fault for the accident
- Identifying additional parties like an employer or manufacturer who may be liable
- Handling all contact with the insurance company
- Beginning your legal claim with formal documents
- Understanding the civil procedure code that you must follow to advance your claim
- Utilizing legal avenues to gather evidence and narrow the issues in dispute
- Reviewing damages and gathering proof of their value
- Proving all elements of the case, including breach of duty, causation and damages
- Identifying insurance policies and other ways to collect compensation
- Responding to defenses asserted by other parties
- Negotiating a fair settlement or presenting the case at trial
- Collecting your judgment, ensuring that it is structured in a way that meets your needs
- Explaining the legal process and your options at each stage in the case
Contact Our San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyers
At LA Century Law, our San Bernardino lawyers represent you in all the steps necessary to receive fair compensation. There are many different things we do on behalf of a client. Each of these steps works together for you to receive the result that you deserve. It’s also our goal to take on the burden of the legal system and resolve your case efficiently.
Car Accident Lawsuit FAQs
What if the other side says I am at fault?
If the other driver or the insurance company says that you’re at fault for the car accident, don’t panic. That may not be true. If you played a role in the events leading to the accident, the compensation that you receive may be reduced. However, California law does not completely prohibit a victim from claiming compensation even if they are 99% at fault.
How long does the insurance company have to respond to my claim?
The insurance company must respond to your report within 15 days. When you submit your final proof of loss form, they have 40 days to decide the claim. They must pay an approved claim within 30 days.
Will I get more or less than average for my car accident claim?
A car accident claim is based on the actual losses sustained by the victim. The amount reflects the true losses to the victim. The more serious the injuries and damages, the more compensation.
Whether your case is more or less than average depends on the severity and the clarity of each element. Our lawyers can give you a personalized evaluation of what your case may be worth.
Do I need a lawyer for a fender bender?
If you do not have a physical injury and the insurance company agrees to pay for your damages, you may not need a lawyer for a fender bender. Any time you have a physical injury, it’s worth consulting with a car accident lawyer to learn more.
How are back injuries compensated in a car accident?
Back injuries are compensated for the financial costs associated with them and the way that they impact your life. For example, if the nature of the injury is that it causes significant pain, you should be compensated for that pain. You may need to work with the appropriate experts to explain how your injuries create pain and physical limitations.
Is whiplash a type of injury from a car accident?
Whiplash is a type of injury that you can claim in a car accident. It is a physical injury, so it qualifies for compensation. However, proving the injury and its impact on your life can be challenging. Our lawyers can help you document your injury and prove the appropriate amount of compensation.
What should I expect for pain and suffering compensation for a car accident?
There isn’t a calculator to precisely know what pain and suffering compensation you will receive. When injuries are minor and heal quickly, the amount the victim receives is less than if the injuries are catastrophic. Pain and suffering may account for a significant portion of car accident compensation, so it’s important not to overlook the amount you may receive.
What is a wrongful death car accident claim?
When a person loses their life in a car accident, the victim’s surviving family and their estate may claim compensation. Damages are different from other personal injury claims because the compensation must reflect the family’s financial and emotional struggle of losing their loved one.
Our San Bernardino lawyers handle wrongful death car accident claims.
Taking New Cases – Consultations
LA Century Law is currently accepting new cases for car accident claims in San Bernardino. Your time to file a claim is limited. Do not wait to contact our lawyers.
At your consultation, we learn about you and what happened. Our experienced professionals know what questions to ask to learn more about your case. We explain what you may deserve in compensation and what may impact the amount you receive. We talk about the legal process and how we can help you fight for justice.
We know how hard it can be to be a car accident victim. We’re proud of our success helping people just like you. Contact us today for a consultation about your claim.