San Bernardino Wrongful Death Attorney
Family members of a wrongful death victim may receive compensation for the devastating loss of their loved one. The San Bernardino wrongful death lawyers at LA Century Law can represent you and your family in bringing your claim.
Our wrongful death lawyers in San Bernadino are experienced in helping victims, and their families fight aggressively for justice. There are many family members who may qualify to bring a legal claim. The claim not only seeks monetary compensation, but it is also a way to honor your loved one and hold others accountable for their actions.
If you have lost a loved one, contact us for a consultation regarding your claim. There is no obligation, and our representation always comes with a 100% risk-free guarantee.
Who May Bring a Wrongful Death Claim in San Bernardino?
Certain family members and dependents may qualify to bring a wrongful death claim. Some parties that qualify are:
- Surviving spouse
- Domestic partner
- Children, issue of deceased children
- Those entitled by intestate succession
- Putative spouse and children
- Legal guardians
Some people may have to prove that they were financially dependent on the victim. Our lawyers can help you understand if you qualify to bring a claim.
Why clients hire our San Bernardino wrongful death lawyers
At LA Century Law, we are experienced trial lawyers. We’ve walked with our clients as they have suffered the anguish of losing a loved one. We are a premier civil personal injury law firm with offices in San Bernardino and throughout Southern California. Our law firm features:
- A founding principle of helping clients receive compensation for injuries and damages
- Millions of dollars obtained for our clients through settlements and trial verdicts
- Case strategy with you in mind, whether you want to negotiate a fair settlement or take your case to trial
- Aggressive representation from start to finish, with compassion and respect
- Recognition of excellence from peers including Top 40 Under 40 (American Academy of Attorneys), International Advisory Experts Award for Personal Injury, Super Lawyers Rising Stars, and more
- We view our law firm as a family, and our clients are an extension of family
- Commitment to helping clients receive compensation for injuries, damages, and harms
- 99% success rate and 100% no-fee guarantee – pay us only if we are successful in claiming compensation for you
We are proud of our history of success for our clients. Our founder, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded LA Century Law with a mission to help individuals. If you’d like to see how we can help you, contact us today to talk about your case.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
A wrongful death occurs because of the actions of someone else. Negligence that causes an accident is often the basis of a legal claim.
Some common causes of wrongful death claims include:
- Car accidents
- Truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Dangerous conditions on-premises, slip and fall
- Chemical and toxic exposure
- Dangerous drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Medical malpractice and negligence
- Nursing home/Senior abuse and neglect
- Assault and battery; intentional homicide
- Boating, sports, and recreation accidents
You have a wrongful death claim if the death occurred because of negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct of another party. Our lawyers are investigators. We can take steps to determine what happened and who may have the legal responsibility to pay damages. When it comes to dangerous products, proving the underlying reason for the defect is not required.
Financial and Emotional Costs of a Wrongful Death Case
Losing a loved one is devastating in many ways. Not only are you suffering financially, but you are struggling emotionally. It may be hard to imagine the future. You may claim both economic and non-economic damages.
Damages you may claim in a wrongful death case include:
- Funeral costs
- Last medical bills
- Lost income and benefits
- Unrealized gifts and inheritance
- Services to the household
- Lost guidance, love, and companionship
- Pain and suffering*
*Effective 2022, pain and suffering damages are compensable in a California wrongful death action.
California law recognizes the many types of suffering that come from losing a loved one. The damages that you may claim reflect financial losses like outstanding medical bills and lost income. However, you may also claim for the emotional suffering you are experiencing and the loss of the companionship and guidance of your loved one. Our lawyers make sure that your legal documents are complete to claim all the types of compensation that are appropriate.
Who may be accountable for wrongful death?
Some parties who may be named in a wrongful death claim are:
- The driver
- An operator
- Business owner
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Product manufacturer
- Doctor and the healthcare organization they work for
- Third-party contractor
- Government entity or agency
The party who is accountable for wrongful death may not be immediately obvious.
Naming the appropriate party in a claim is extremely important. It impacts your ability to fully collect fair compensation for your loss. Our lawyers look at the entire situation to determine who to name in the claim.
What is a survival action?
Any exploration of a wrongful death claim in California should also include a discussion of a survival action. A survival action recognizes the losses the victim suffers prior to death. The California law for survival actions is California Code of Civil Procedure § 377.30. It is brought by the estate, and, when appropriate, it may be brought in addition to a wrongful death claim. Our lawyers can help you understand how a survival action may be a part of receiving justice for your loved one.
What is the time limit for a wrongful death claim in San Bernardino?
You have two years to bring a wrongful death claim in San Bernardino. The time limit is measured from the date of death. For a survival action, you have two years from the wrongful act or six months from death, whichever occurs later. If you miss the deadline, the claim may be dismissed even if it is a strong case.
Lawyers for Wrongful Death in San Bernardino
A wrongful death is a type of personal injury claim. Because of the exceptional loss to the family, the claim is complex. The damages claimed are high.
Our San Bernardino lawyers understand the important steps that need to happen for your claim to be successful. How you pursue the case determines what compensation you receive and how manageable the case is through the legal process.
At LA Century Law, we’ve set up our law firm to help clients receive compensation for injuries, damages, and harms. We have experience handling many types of cases. We are here to build a case and aggressively pursue your legal rights.
Taking New Cases – Free Consultations
If you have lost a loved one, we invite you to contact us for a consultation. That’s the first step in beginning the claims process.
California law allows family members of victims to claim financial compensation after the loss of a loved one because of the wrongful actions of others. Our lawyers can help you receive financial relief and legal justice.
We are currently taking new cases for wrongful death claims in San Bernardino. Please call or message us for a free case consultation.