San Bernardino Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
LA Century Law is a civil litigation firm that specializes in personal injury matters including claims against rideshare apps such as Uber, Lyft, or Alto. Our team of experienced San Bernardino Uber or Lyft accident lawyers can assist you make a claim for compensation for injuries sustained while using the app.
Our team of trial lawyers work aggressively on behalf of individuals injured in a rideshare accident. We have a 99% success rate and have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We also have a 100% no-fee guarantee. This means we do not get paid until we win your case. Call us now to speak to an attorney risk free regarding your Uber or Lyft accident.
If you have been injured, contact our San Bernardino Uber/Lyft accident lawyers. Time is short, so don’t wait to begin your claim.
Uber/Lyft accident lawyers near San Bernardino
California law places a heightened duty on drivers that transport others for money such as drivers for Uber or Lyft. California law also provides for financial compensation to those injured in an Uber or Lyft accident. However, the insurance companies that cover Uber and Lyft make every effort to minimize your injuries and delay compensation. These huge entities are only worried about their own profits and not those human beings injured or even killed in an Uber or Lyft accident. That is why it is so important to not only get a lawyer right away, but to get the right representation from the start of your case. This will maximize your financial recovery. LA Century Law represents individuals harmed in an Uber or Lyft accident in San Bernardino.
What is the basis for Uber/Lyft accident compensation?
In California, drivers for Uber or Lyft have a heightened duty to their passengers. California Civil Code § 2100 states “a carrier of persons for reward [such as an Uber or Lyft driver] must use the utmost care and diligence for their safe carriage, must provide everything necessary for that purpose, and must exercise to that end a reasonable degree of skill.”
Most traffic accidents are the result of negligence. That means a driver violated a traffic law, or they acted with insufficient care in another way. Whether the party at fault is a rideshare driver or someone else, you may receive financial compensation based on their actions.
Some examples of legal fault in an Uber/Lyft accident are:
- Speeding, driving too fast for conditions
- Leaving too little distance between other vehicles
- Driving while fatigued; working for too many hours
- Rushing while boarding and disembarking passengers
- Stopping in unsafe areas
- Failing to watch for pedestrians while picking up or dropping off passengers
- Cutting off other drivers, improper turns and traffic signal violations
- Drunk driving and drugged driving
- Allowing an unqualified driver to drive
- Failing to perform proper vehicle maintenance
Fault is often complex. It may not be clear in the aftermath of an accident. Our lawyers are prepared to investigate and help you understand who has legal fault for the accident.
Who pays damages for an Uber/Lyft accident?
Damages for an Uber/Lyft accident are typically paid by the insurance coverage for the driver responsible. However, both Uber and Lyft provide supplemental coverage. In addition to $1 million in driver liability coverage, they also cover situations where the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured. The foregoing numbers are subject to change and you should consult with one of our attorneys as soon as possible.
When does the Uber/Lyft $1 million guarantee apply?
Both Uber and Lyft offer up to $1 million in insurance to pay damages from accidents. Whether or not a victim can access the compensation depends on the status of the driver at the time of the accident.
- No Activity (Period 0) – The app is turned off. The driver isn’t looking for rides or transporting a passenger. The driver’s personal insurance applies. Each driver must have the minimums for individuals required under state law.
- Period 1 – The app is active, but the driver hasn’t accepted a ride. Elevated levels of coverage apply, including up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 per injury. There is also property damage coverage up to $30,000.
- Period 2 – A ride request has been made and accepted. The full $1 million liability and uninsured/underinsured coverage applies.
- Period 3 – During a ride until the passenger disembarks. The full $1 million liability and uninsured/underinsured coverage applies.
In addition, another driver may have an insurance policy available to pay damages. Even your own car insurance may provide some types of damages like MedPay. Let our lawyers examine all the ways you may receive compensation for your damages.
What damages can you receive for a rideshare accident?
Damages that may be paid to a victim for a rideshare accident include:
- Emergency medical bills
- Diagnostic testing, examinations and therapies
- Mental health injuries and treatment
- Future medical care needs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering, anguish
- Disfigurement, disability and lifestyle changes
- Lost income and career
- Humiliation and loss of reputation
- Wrongful death damages
Each type of compensation should be evaluated for inclusion in the claim. It’s important to identify and value these damages before submitting loss statements for insurance payments. Our lawyers ensure that your Uber/Lyft compensation fairly reflects what you deserve under the law.
Who is eligible for Uber/Lyft compensation?
Anyone who is hurt in an accident involving a rideshare company may be eligible for Uber/Lyft compensation. Parties who may bring a claim are:
- Rideshare passenger
- Another vehicle driver or passenger
- Driver of the rideshare vehicle
- Pedestrian or bicyclist
If you have been hurt in an accident, contact us to see if you are eligible to bring a claim.
What happens if the Uber/Lyft driver is not at fault?
First, if Uber or Lyft refuse to cover a claim and allege that you are at fault for the crash, there are steps to challenge the decision. In other situations if the Uber/Lyft driver is not at fault, the claim begins by looking at the driver who is at fault. They should be named in a claim, and their insurance company should first satisfy a claim. (There may also be situations where the vehicle manufacturer or even a government body is at fault.) If the party at fault doesn’t have enough insurance or the ability to pay a claim, then look to Uber/Lyft and their $1 million guarantee to pay your losses.
How do I get fair compensation for an Uber/Lyft accident claim?
When we represent a victim of a rideshare accident, there are several questions we must answer to ensure that you get fair compensation. What is the claim really worth? Is legal fault clear? Are there pre-existing conditions or questions about the cause of your injuries?
The goal of the insurance company is to settle your claim for as little as possible. Getting fair compensation means evaluating what you should receive, taking the right steps to claim it and negotiating effectively. Ultimately, our San Bernardino Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are trial lawyers. We’re prepared to work for fair compensation on your behalf whether it is by negotiating a settlement or taking your claim to court.
How soon should I contact a lawyer?
You have only a limited amount of time to start your claim. It’s important to make a timely report to insurance, and the formal claim must be filed by the time deadline. When the claim involves the government, you have only six months to get started. That’s not much time! In all cases, there is a strict time deadline of two years (unless a limited exception applies). Contact us and we can get started right away.
San Bernardino Uber/Lyft accident lawyers taking new claims
LA Century Law is a premier personal injury law firm. We are currently taking new cases in San Bernardino representing Uber and Lyft accident victims. If you’re ready to receive compensation, or if you’re not sure you have a case, we invite you to meet with our legal team.
Our firm highlights:
- A 99% success rate and 100% no-fee guarantee. Get results or you don’t pay for our services
- Dedication to your well-being. We’re proud of our history helping people just like you
- Our law firm President, Ryan J. Daneshrad, Esq., founded LA Century Law to be a voice for individuals. With a law firm focusing exclusively on the legal rights of individuals and families, we have experience that matters for you
- Understanding of California law and the unique legal issues presented in rideshare cases
- Customized representation for each case. Whether you choose to accept a settlement or go to trial, we pursue your rights and interests aggressively
- We educate you throughout the case so you feel confident and prepared
- Experience handling catastrophic injury claims. Whatever your situation, don’t settle for less than you deserve
Your case begins with a consultation. Call or message us today to schedule a consultation with our San Bernardino Uber/Lyft accident lawyers. We’re here to help you through it all.